Shanghai, China
Home Page
Shanghai Travel Guide
Shanghai Introduction
Shanghai Attractions
Shanghai Shopping
Shanghai Nightlife
Shanghai Theatre
Shanghai Transportation You are Here>>
Shanghai Weather
Shanghai maps
Shanghai Tours Hot Sell Tours
China Travel Guide
Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport
As one of the main Chinese airline hubs, Shanghai has opened connections with nearly two hundred cities, half domestic ones and half international and regional ones. Shanghai has two international airports something no other city in China can boast. The Pudong International Airport handles 60% of flights including most flights from all over the world, while the remaining 40% use Hongqiao International Airport.

Hongqiao Airport Introduction
Hongqiao International Airport is situated in the western outskirts of Shanghai, about 13 kilometers from downtown area and more than 39 KM from Pudong International Airport.

Being the first civilian airport in Shanghai, Hongqiao International Airport is more than eighty years old. After a series of renovations it has become one of the three international air transit centers in China.

Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport

Terminals A and B cover about 82,000 square meters (about 20.3 acres) with 15 waiting halls, 18 VIP lounges and 15 baggage transfer belts. First-class establishments, communications systems and other associated equipment can meet the landing and taking-off needs of all types of airplanes in the world. 91 airlines currently fly from the airport to both domestic and international cities.


Hongqiao Airport Transportation:
Buses, taxis and hotel buses all provide transfers to the airport. From Hongqiao International Airport to the city center, seven bus lines provide regular services.

By Taxi: The taxi fare from Hongqiao International Airport to the People's Square in the city center is approximately CNY 45 and it takes about half an hour. A taxi from the Hongqiao International Airport to Xujiahui costs about CNY 30 and takes 20 minutes.

By Airport Bus: There are several hotel buses shuttling between Hongqiao International Airport and dozens of hotels in the city center including City Hotel, Garden Hotel, Jing'an Hotel, Equatorial Hotel, Hilton Hotel, Xincheng Hotel, Peace Hotel, Regal East Asia Hotel, Dazhong Merrylin Hotel, Rainbow Hotel and others. The buses depart every hour and cost CNY 30 per person.

Service Ticketing
Shanghai Hongqiao Airport 211-214 counters, Building A Departures Tel: 86-021-51146655
Arrivals Hall, Building B Tel: 86-021-51142078 offers online information on Shanghai Pudong International Airport and the Shanghai Pudong International Airport. Keep browsing our site for more information on China.

   is a full service China travel agent providing popular Shanghai tour package, and China tours Package. We specialize in "Private tours", We try to be original, unique and different from our competitors in how to satisfy and impress our valuable clients!
Beijing Travel
Home Page home About us about us Sitemaps sitemap E-mail us Call us 0086-13801067568